Plan launched 2015
1. Increased participation of women in decision-making roles.
2. Protection against women and girls against violence during conflict.
3. Accountability of perpetrators of violence against women and girls.
4. Inclusion of women and girls in relief and recovery efforts.
Palestine is the second country in the Arab States region to develop a National Action Plan.
Women and girls still face incremental discrimination during conflict.
The Israel-Palestine conflict has been ongoing for several decades.
Civil Society have helped to develop the NAP, and will be broadly participating in order to implement the plan,through meetings, workshops and consultations with other actors.
Women in Peacekeeping
The NAP aims to address an increase in female representation in all levels of the peace-making process.
No apparent mention of the recruitment or deployment of women, however, on peacekeeping missions.
UN Peacekeeping Statistics
1. Palestine NAP 2. UNWomen 3. BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/20436092 4. Al Jazeera - http://www.aljazeera.com/topics/subjects/israelipalestinian-conflict.