Plan launched 2017-2020
1. Balanced representation of women and men in decision-making positions
2. Promote reconciliation of work and private life, including measures relating to the issue of WPS
3. To include a gender perspective in planning, implementation and evaluation of policies and concrete actions in connection with the agenda WPS is necessary to ensure sufficient education and awareness of gender equality
4. International cooperation on enforcement issues WPS
5. Dignity and integrity of women in relation to the issue of WPS
This is the Czech Republic's first Action Plan. It is currently involved in multiple conflicts as a member of NATO. Since its split with Slovakia in 1993, citizens, particularly women are still facing the risk of discrimination and GBSV.
The Action Plan had been developed through the participation of representatives of Civil Society Organisations and other actors. And one measure of the Action Plan refers to the greater integration between the military and police task forces and the non-governmental sector.
Women in Peacekeeping
The Czech Republic Action Plan is actively trying to support the increased representation of women in the military and police forces through monitoring the data of men and women entering the security sector, and by promoting this through colleges and universities, too.
UN Peacekeeping Statistics
Experts on Mission: 1 out of 9 Troops: 1 out of 2
Staff Officers: 3 out of 7
1. Czech Republic NAP 2. UN - Peacekeeping Contributors