Democratic Republic of Congo
Plan launched 2010
1. Participation and representation of women in the field of peace and security;
2. Integration of the gender dimension into the planning, programming and budgeting of the actions related to peace and security initiated by the DRC.
3. Promotion and protection of the rights of women, the fight against violence based on gender and HIV/AIDS so that promoting transitional justice reform of the security sector;
4. Regional and international cooperation;
5. Research and studies in the field of peace and security;
6. Monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of resolutions 1325, 1820,1888 and 1889 in different sectors
The DRC has been involved in extensive conflict among countries within the Great Lakes Region, which has led to great levels of destablisation and displaced peoples. Women and children have also beared the brunt of the war, with women experiencing gender-based and sexual violence, in particular being raped as a "weapons of war".
Civil Society Organisations had some imput in the implementation of the Action Plan.
Women in Peacekeeping
While one of the DRC's objectives is to encourage the participation of women in the peace and security sector, this has not been fully addressed within the Action Plan.
1. DRC NAP 2. UN - Peacekeeping Contributors 3. PeaceWomen